What Information is Collected?
We may ask you to provide us with personal information in certain areas of the Site on a voluntary basis.
In particular, information will be collected and used in the following situations:
- Information Requests: If you submit an e-mail requesting or providing information, we will use this information to respond to your request. In order to respond to your request we may make personal information that you submit in these sections available to Recordati Canada, our affiliates, and, in some circumstances to certain of our service providers. These entities may be located primarily within the U.S. and countries within the European Union where local privacy laws may require the disclosure of information to governmental authorities under circumstances that are different than those that apply in Canada.
- Careers Services: If you want to apply for a position with Recordati Canada through the Site, you will be asked to submit general information (such as your name and email address), together with a copy of your resume. Your resume may be transferred to any of Recordati Canada’s affiliates throughout the world. Recordati Canada will use this information for purposes of processing your application and for corresponding with you about the application.
Recordati Canada may also collect non-personal information, such as IP addresses, numbers of site visits and tracking patterns of page viewing in order to monitor the performance of the site and to make improvements to it.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Personally identifiable information may be used, by way of example, for such purposes as to deliver services, such as information, newsletters or other information that you request; to develop or continue a business relationship with you; to respond to your requests for information about products or services or to respond to any other question posed by you; for employment purposes; and for legal compliance, such as adverse event reporting. In some cases, this will involve sharing of information with our contractors if necessary to support our business (e.g., technical support providers).
We may also combine personal information from users to create a summary of aggregate, non-identifiable data that we use for our business purposes, including research to improve our products and analyses that may help us better market our products.
We may disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To protect the personal safety of users of Recordati Canada products and services, use of the Site or the public;
- In connection with the merger, sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of the business of Recordati Canada (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) or as part of a reorganization, stock or other sale, or other change in control; or
- If required to do so by applicable laws, court orders, government regulations or authorities
Access and Correction: You have a right to know about the personal information that Recordati Canada holds about you. You also have a right to request correction or amendment of the information that Recordati Canada holds about you if it is incorrect or deletion of such information. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by post or e-mail at the address shown in the “Contact” section below.
This Site incorporates safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information we have collected and we have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as required and only authorized individuals have access to the information you provide us.
This Site is not directed to children and Recordati Canada does not knowingly solicit information from any children. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information via the Site from children.
This Site is intended for use only by Canadian. residents and you have indicated that you are a Canadian resident by entering this Site.
Recordati Rare Diseases Canada Inc.
Last Updated: [02/2017]